geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 release status
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:34:12 GMT

On Aug 6, 2007, at 9:16 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> Schemas
> We have an outstanding vote on two schema releases. These releases
> are built from CDDL licensed materials. At the moment, the license
> and notice files for the schema releases are not correct. I think
> we should do the following: move the schema source directories from
> our tck svn repository to our public repository, fix our license
> and notice files, and build schema releases from there. Note that
> both the schema source directories and the resultant schema
> binaries will have CDDL licensed elements. The current guidance
> that we have received from legal-discuss is that both source and
> binary CDDL is ok for us to release. We will need to be sure that
> our schemas follow all CDDL requirements.

As David Jencks reminded me, we're not building the schema jars from
CDDL licensed materials. I'm convinced that what we're doing is
valid. So, I'm withdrawing my objections on the schema releases.

I think we should move our schemas to use CDDL licensed schemas. I
think that's the right direction. However, that doesn't have to occur
immediately. What we have works and is valid, in my estimation. So,
let's ship it...

--kevan