geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: removal of spring dependencies from cxf module
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:44:52 GMT

From my standpoint, it would be greatly preferred if you could find a way
to leave spring for CXF.   There is definitely a lot of functionality
that would be lost if spring is not available.  In particular, if a user
want to configure various things like message logging or
WS-Addressing/WS-RM, https SSL keys, keep-alives and chunking, etc...,
without the spring config, it becomes quite a bit harder.   For very
basic usage, spring is optional.   But once you want some
customizations, you really need it.

I suppose one option might be to document how to put spring back in if
someone needs it.   We could then add more advanced thing to those docs
like where to get the additional jars for WS-RM/WS-A/WS-Security, JMS
transports, etc....   Kind of an "Advanced WebServices with CXF" type
docs.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp