geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: tooling for web services
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:14:14 GMT
On Tuesday 14 August 2007, Lin Sun wrote:
> I think it would be great to provide some .sh/.bat files to expose
> these tools so that people can use them directly without going through
> sun's website and installing the tooling from Sun (which is what we
> recommend our users to do in our jaxrpc web service example on the
> wiki.).

Just FYI: if you want some apache licensed tooling for JAX-WS, the Apache
CXF stuff does generate code that properly passes the reverse tests for
the TCK.  (at least for standalone)

That said, for eclipse, keep an eye on the STP project at eclipse.   It
supports some extra tooling in eclipse for doing JAX-WS annotations and
such.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp