geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JASPI
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:15:11 GMT

> It looks like JASPI (jsr-196) has been approved and I think we
> should finish implementing it.  Guillaume already implemented the
> spec jar from an earlier draft and I updated it recently to the
> pfd2 spec.  Guillaume also started an implementation that I started
> moving into geronimo-security.

Sounds good.

> I opened GERONIMO-3417 to track this activity.  This could be a
> substantial amount of work for one person so help would be
> extremely welcome.

You could probably twist my arm to lend a hand...

> I assume that since the spec has been  approved there must be a tck
> for it.  How do we get it?

Not sure if this needs to come from Geir or Jeff G. Jeff, can you get
the tck?

> I also note that on the approval ballot there are 4 yes votes that
> indicate that lack of a FOU restriction was a factor in the vote
> decision.  This appears to support apaches position on the jck for
> harmony, and I wonder if it would be appropriate to point these
> comments out on legal-discuss?

I think those style of comments have become somewhat standard (at
least I've seen them on several votes). Doesn't hurt to point them
out, but I'm pretty sure they've seen them...

--kevan