geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Some issues around artifact resolution
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:55:35 GMT
While playing with triplesec and the directory plugin I rediscovered
that the artifact resolver won't check fully resolved artifacts
against the explicit resolution map.  I think this will make plugins
generally too inflexible.

Removing this limitation is easy (it's just a couple of lines with
the comments that otherwise tests break) but it does break a lot of
tests.  Working through these I think we could simplify most of the
deployer tests by having a -test.jar artifact or two that includes
code to set up a "mock server" suitable for testing deployment parts.

So, I'm going to try to set up such a framework and continue working
on the artifact resolver.  I don't know if after I get the tests
working further changes will be necessary for deployment to work.  I
suspect we may have to set up a temporary in-memory deployment
repository to hold the deployments we are working on.

I've opened GERONIMO-3415 and 3416 to track this.

Comments welcome as always
thanks
david jencks