geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From threepointsomething <buz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat connectors
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:18:13 GMT

I am quite new to Geronimo, so I am not sure if the steps I followed are
right. Here goes:

I had to ensure that the NIO connector is picked up in place of the basic
HTTP connector, so I made the following change in
configs\tomcat6\src\plan\plan.xml:

&lt;gbean name="TomcatWebConnector"
class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.connector.Http11NIOConnectorGBean"&gt;

I then rebuilt config\tomcat6\. When I started Geronimo, it picked up the
NIO connector as expected.

  Listening on Ports:
    1050 127.0.0.1 CORBA Naming Service
    1099 0.0.0.0   RMI Naming
    1527 0.0.0.0   Derby Connector
    2001 127.0.0.1 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
    4201 0.0.0.0   OpenEJB Daemon
    6882 127.0.0.1 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
    8009 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector AJP AJP
    8080 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector HTTP NIO HTTP
    8443 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector HTTPS BIO HTTPS
    9999 0.0.0.0   JMX Remoting Connector
   61613 0.0.0.0   ActiveMQ Transport Connector
   61616 0.0.0.0   ActiveMQ Transport Connector

I then ran a sample comet application (WAR) that was executing properly in
Tomcat and tried it in this instance of Geronimo. Seemed to work fine.

I was wondering if there is a simpler way of configuring NIO without having
to rebuild config\tomcat6. If so can you please suggest how I can do that?

Thanks,
Gautham.