geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat connectors
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:12:57 GMT
This work is complete now and available in trunk and the 2.0 branch.
As a side effect of introducing these new connectors we needed to
make some changes to the management apis (mainly WebManager) to allow
the connectors to specify which attributes they support, what their
types are (string, boolean, integer, etc), whether or not they are
required vs. optional, etc.  All this used to be hard coded in the
portlet but now they are defined per connector type in
JettyManagerImpl and TomcatManagerImpl and the portlet just renders a
form with corresponding inputs and validation.

I tried to cover as much testing as possible within our proposed
timeframe for 2.0 but there may still be some rough edges.   In
particular I was not able to test the APR connectors without having
the native libraries.  You can successfully create an APR connector
but without the libraries it won't start due to an unsatisfied link
error (as expected).

Thanks to Jeff and David Jencks for all their help on getting this
important feature into 2.0.

Best wishes,
Paul