geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: Could we use the maven-remote-resources plugin to install the legal files?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 01:33:10 GMT
Yup, this should work... assuming the plugin functions.  I just tried
to hook it up from use in the Groovy m2 stuff and it puked up some
NPE crapo.  Also, I'm not sure that the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt
generation stuff is going to fit our needs ASIS, but we can always
get it fixed.

This was defs on my list of things to look into more... but if you
fancy a look, then go for it ;-)

> It normally gets stuff from a "resource bundle" such as
> org.apache:apache-jar-resource-bundle:1.0
> which has the standard apache license and notice files in it.
> It installs them into at least normal and test jars, I haven't
> checked about source jars.
> I think you can configure it to add local files as well but I
> haven't figured out exactly how.  If worst came to worst we could
> publish jars of our unusual notice files.  It might aggregate stuff
> from the depenency's notice files, I'm not quite sure what the
> documentation is saying.
> I think using a single standard copy of the license/notice files
> would be a lot more pleasant than having a copy in each dir, and
> unusual modules would be easier to spot.
> thanks
> david jencks

View raw message