geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changes to server started messages
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:45:32 GMT

On Aug 6, 2007, at 4:24 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I think it makes more sense w/o the full url bits, since those are
> highly dependent on how you configured the connectors.

Ya. I understood that when I asked. And don't necessarily disagree
with where we end up. We might consider tweaking the startup message
a bit. Two points:

1) Discuss/document the decision on dev@. If it was discussed/
documented on dev@, then my apologies...
2) Note that http://<localhost> works just perfectly for umpity
percent of users.

So, we've sacrificed some usability for some accuracy. We're accurate
for more complex cases where users know how to change our default
connectors (most of whom would understand the relativity of the app
contexts, anyway). And we're less usable for naive users (e.g. ones
who just downloaded Geronimo for the first time).

--kevan