geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adding a "Tech Preview" portlet group in Admin Console in G 2.0
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:14:20 GMT
I kinda like the idea. Each such portlet should have a link to it's
own wiki page which will allow user feedback.

I wonder if we can even take it one further, by having a wiki page for
some of our existing heavy-weight portlets (eg. wizards). The user can
blog their feedbacks which do not necessarily fall under the scope of
a JIRA. The wiki can be made to send comments to the dev-list

Currently we do not have a closed loop for our users to provide
feedbacks. Feedbacks provided on the lists are usually lost.

This will improve the usability of our console.

On 7/26/07, Vamsavardhana Reddy <> wrote:
> How about adding a "Tech Preview" portlet group in Admin Console in G 2.0
> where we can include the portlets (for e.g., the "Create Plan" portlet Shiva
> is working on.  See
> for
> which user feedback will play a great role in improving those further.  Once
> we decide on whether to retain those or not, we can either move them out to
> a different group or remove them from Admin Console accordingly.
> Vamsi

View raw message