geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0 Release Criteria
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:37:26 GMT
Jeff mentioned that people feel strongly about their webservices pack
much like they would about religion. Does anybody have an idea on how
these are most commonly used ?

1. Do people preferring one webservices pack also prefer one
webcontainer over another ? Eg. do axis2 folks prefer Jetty over
Tomcat ? Or they don't care ? Another way to look at it is, does one
webcontainer go well with one webservices pack ? Eg. Is Tomcat better
with CXF than with Axis2 ?

Theoretically it shouldn't matter at all. If they don't, let's just
release our existing combination of quad assemblies. There's a pack
for everybody.

2. I'm also curious to know if people commonly switch the packs
midstream. Or do they just pick a pack and stick with it.

Some enlightenment appreciated.

Cheers
Prasad