geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release v1.1 of geronimo-schema-jee_5.
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:36:06 GMT

> I'll work on (2), but it would be pretty helpful if someone could
> tell me where the typed in schemas actually are.  I found the
> servlet and jsp ones inside the servlet and jsp spec jars, but I
> haven't located any others such as the connector or ejb ones... and
> there are a pile more.

I also think option 2 is best if we have typed in schemas.  But
besides the jsp and servlet schemas the only other one I know of is
for faces 1.2:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/branches/1_2_0/impl/
src/main/resources/org/apache/myfaces/resource/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd

If we don't have the other schemas then switching to jaxb might be
less painful than typing them all in.
( /me tries "wc -l *.xsd" and quickly volunteers to type in
persistence.xsd  ;-)

> My current idea is to generate a jar with the same groupIdId and
> artifactId and put the code in the main build, not hidden in tck.
> So far I have it in server/trunk/modules which is odd due to the
> groupId mismatch.   Should I make a schemas "top level subproject"
> next to server and specs?

a new top level directory sounds like a good place for typed in schemas.

Best wishes,
Paul