geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Should we cancel 1.2?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 03:28:59 GMT

> What were the benefits of 1.2?  All I remember was that the build
> changed to Maven 2.  If there's a known bug with more than one
> connected user, and limited benefits compared to the upcoming 2.0, and
> also none of the developers want to support it, I don't think a
> release is in our interest.  But it's quite possible I'm forgetting
> something that would make it a compelling upgrade from 1.1.

It helps people that want EE 1.4 as it has global JNDI, OpenJPA and
some performance fixes.  Remember, the connection pooling problem is
only on one runtime mode of DayTrader.   Before we get too afar I
think we need to ask Dain if he's up to releasing it since we're all
debating about work he would do or is someone else stepping up to
putting the release together.  I think it does benefit some users and
I think the odd connection behaviour is an edge case.