geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release javamail 1.4 specs and updated javamail provider jars.
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:53:52 GMT

On Jul 16, 2007, at 7:27 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Axis2 encountered a javamail bug in the the spec code almost
> immediately after the 1.0 version was released, so we needed to
> spin a new release of the javamail artifacts.  This will also
> require a new released of the provider and mail artifacts to picked
> up the new spec version.
> Please review the specifications located at
> http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/releases/
>
> Voting concludes on Thursday, July 19th at 1000 ET.

Rick,
I know that you are following recent voting techniques. However, I'm
finding this technique lacking... This vote does not precisely record
the spec names and versions that we're voting on. The tar.gz files in
your account on people and likely to disappear in a few weeks/
months... I have a few requests:

1. Please record the precise names and versions that we're voting on
(e.g. geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.1)
2. Provide svn urls to the current source and where the tag will be
created.

--kevan