geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Transaction and Connector jars untied from g. kernel
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:00:43 GMT
So, looks okay from a initial peep through, though a few things I noticed
right off the bat...
There is no pom.xml in the top-level tree under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/trunk, and
there should be.  And the children modules should use that pom as their
parent.

That root pom should also have dependencyManagement to remove the version
number muck from the children.

Or, unless you had intended to keep these 2 modules geronimo-connector and
geronimo-transaction as separate releasables, which is fine too, but if that
is the intention, then they really need to be moved up to
components/connector/trunk and components/transaction/trunk.

But I don't really like to have too many fine grained modules
as separate releasables like that.  If these 2 modules are significantly
related, then I'd like to see them released, versioned together, and in that
case, the current svn structure is fine, but that top-level pom and the
dependency/version muck needs to be added.

--jason