geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Change in WebModule interface
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:00:45 GMT
I've been talking with jgenender on IRC a bit about the former
getURLFor method in web modules.  This used to be used in the console
to provide a link to deployed web apps and in the startup to display
where web apps are and I think in cl deployer to show where you app
ended up.  Also for remote deploy upload servlet.

We decided that this really makes no sense in any but the simplest
configurations and in more complicated situations (2 connectors) its
apt to be wrong and misleading.  So I took out the method.

The console links to apps still work if everything is running on the
same connector.  The startup shows you the context path, and I think
the cl deployer will also.  This isn't much less convenient.

You now configure where the remote deploy upload servlet is with a
Deployer attribute remoteDeployAddress.  By default it's localhost:
8080 which provides the additional security of not allowing remote
deploy unless you change it.

Any comments?  Getting the method back will require you to implement
it sensibly for all the tomcat connectors, something neither jeff nor
I know how to do :-)

thanks
david jencks