geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Ideas on a rc.d kind of directory
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:25:54 GMT

On Jul 16, 2007, at 3:32 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I still think that G could do with a tiny bootstrap JVM to handle
> all of the required flags and properties that are needed now for
> the server to opperate properly (and in a platform neutral
> manner).  This could also be used to spawn clones or cluster
> nodes.  As well as handling remote restarts and recovery from JVM
> crashes.
> IMO this is critical for uber massive enterprise deployments as
> well as smaller scale cluster management.
> I also think that GShell would be ideal for the base platform for
> such a bootstrap JVM.
> I think it should be realativly easy to setup a POC if folks are
> interested.

Sounds great and agreed on the long-term direction. I could see a
simple script-based change to enable in the short-term...

> --jason
> P.S. Typed on my iPhone.  Still not quite as fast as my
> blackberry... But I dropped in beer at the Giants/Doggers game.
> Ooops ;-)

Heh. Simply your subconscious giving your id the necessary
rationalization for getting an iPhone...

I need to work on a better way to filter mail getting down to my
iPhone... There's too much ATM...

View raw message