geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What's new in AG2.0
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 17:52:18 GMT

On Jul 9, 2007, at 1:35 PM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi!!
>
> I am working on compilation of the new features in AG2.0.Can some
> one please help me to get information on the major architectural
> changes in AG2.0,the new features added into AG2.0.
>
> Some of the new features which I have looked on is the property
> substitution in AG2.0,the viewer portlet in AG,the enhanced
> Applications portlet in AG,annotations in Deployment Plans .
>
> But I lack my knowledge on the architectural changes in AG.Any link
> or any document in this regard can be really helpful.

In the deployment system, we now have ModuleBuilderExtensions to
(javaee) ModuleBuilders that greatly simplify dealing with "extension
specs" such as jsp and jsf (to pick a couple examples I've dealt with
recently)

In the security system, I've made it so all Subjects come from
logging into a security realm.  Previously we were constructing
subjects for defaults and run-as in a limited and ad-hoc way.  I'm
working on simplifying the security system quite a bit including
removing the remote login module capability.  It's only use was for
openejb clients and this will be running over the openejb protocol
very very soon.

In a minor structural change the way resource managers register with
the transaction manager for recovery is now somewhat simpler and
easier to follow.

I'm never sure what "architectural" means but these are what come to
mind as possible related to architecture.

thanks
david jencks