geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo-Tuscany integration(Sending to both lists)
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 22:53:54 GMT
Comments in-line...

On 7/6/07, Manu George <manu.t.george@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jacek,
>
> Comments inline
>
> On 7/5/07, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> > On 7/4/07, Manu George <manu.t.george@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Yes you are right. But if you see the Tuscany samples it supports SCA
> > > modules that don't have sca-contribution.xml and just a .composite
> > > file. So I was on two minds here whether to mandate
> > > sca-contribution.xml or not.
> >
> > Hi Manu,
> >
> > Let's see what's in the spec - (1.10.2 Contributions page 64):
> >
> > A document should exist directly under the META-INF directory named sca-
> > contribution.xml which lists the SCA Composites within the
> > contribution that are runnable.
> >
> > So, it's a recommendation only. I guess Tuscany looks for the file and
> > if it's found it makes composities available at runtime.
> >
> > I'd like to find out what's the rules to discover composities in
> > Tuscany are. How does it search for composite file (only in the
> > top-level directory or jar file?).
>
> Yes only in top level jar file. In case of directory contributions ,
> in all the nested directories.
> and i think it doesn't search inside any jar in the directory(not 100%
> sure here). Just need to check the FolderContributionProcessor class
> in tuscany for this info. For jar files there is a
> JarContributionProcessor.

Tuscany contribution service does not look for contribution metadata
files inside other jar files, it only considers
META-INF/sca-contribution.xml or
META-INF/sca-contribution-generated.xml.

As for using these files to identify a Tuscany contribution, note that
Tuscany also have implemented support for having a
META-INF/sca-deployables directory where the runnable composites would
be placed. More info is available in [1].

If none of these are available, Tuscany runtime would throw an
exception saying it can't determine contribution deployables.

Also, currently web applications are handled by the folder processor,
do we need a war package processor ? would this help the integration ?

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Tuscany+SCA+Web+Application+Integration+Story

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer