geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r551608 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/resources/bin/ maven-plugins/geronimo-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/mavenplugins/geronimo/server/
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:24:35 GMT
On Jun 28, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2007, at 5:54 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> This looks to me like a dreadful approach.  Did you try including
>> the property in defaultPersistenceUnitProperties in the
>> persistence builder config
>
> No. I didn't find the existing properties. Did try setting a
> property in OpenEJB, which didn't work. I'll give this a try. More
> dreadful, IMO, is using the flag to *avoid* the problem. Best is
> for someone familiar with JPA/CMP to actually investigate and fix
> the underlying problem. I found the cause of the problem and fixed
> it the best I could. Which doesn't seem that "dreadful" to me...

My guess is that OpenJPA switched to the constraint based update
model which uses the database constraints to determine the update
order.  If the algorithm isn't order preserving (update order should
be the default), it could introduce new problems.  Update order is a
fine default until the constraint based code gets exercised more.

-dain