geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adding a "Tech Preview" portlet group in Admin Console in G 2.0
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:07:57 GMT
On Jul 30, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> A WAR plan creator sounds like useful capability in its own right.
> I don't see any reason why it couldn't be provided stand alone. If
> this capability was committed in trunk, provided useful capability,
> and had low risk for causing other problems, I would probably be in
> favor of putting it in the 2.0 release. I would not tag it with a
> "Tech Preview" label.
>
> Is a WAR capability the function you'd like to put into 2.0? I'll
> repeat -- you're best starting point is to get the function into
> trunk...

The new plan generator portlet sounds really interesting!  I tend to
agree with Kevan that instead of thinking about 2.0 right now it
should go into trunk first and without a "Tech Preview" label.  To me
trunk is by definition the place for incomplete works in progress
that we want to get into users' hands for feedback.  Or sandbox.

Best wishes,
Paul