geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: configuring Geronimo's EJB port
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:10:34 GMT

On Jul 19, 2007, at 9:49 AM, DevIn wrote:

> I got the source using the command
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk server
>
> I've modified the config-substitutions.properties file to add the
> local IP
> and the display is now OK at start up in the console  but I've the
> same
> error trying to use the JNDI port to look up a ressource.
> Perhaps a bad jndi factory is used on the client side (from
> openejb-core-2.1.1.jar).

I think you should be using the openejb-client jar that's in your
geronimo repository in the client, it probably has a version like 3.0-
SNAPSHOT
I've asked the openejb folks if an openejb 2.x jar should work, I
don't know whether or not its expected to, but using the same one as
in the server ought to work.

thanks
david jencks

> This post should be moved in the user forum now.
>
> Thank for your help.
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> Did you compile geronimo + openejb from trunk or from the tags used
>> in M6-rc1?  If you recompiled openejb or are using snapshot versions
>> I think your client library is out of sync with the server library.
>>
>> In any case you can change this port just by editing var/config/
>> config-substitutions.properties, you don't need to recompile
>> anything.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

>> On Jul 19, 2007, at 2:48 AM, DevIn wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there, I've a problem with the latest release (M6-rc1)/jetty,
>>> EJB port on 4201 seems to be closed, I'm unable to connect using
>>> the folowing code : System.setProperty
>>> ("java.naming.factory.initial","org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialCont
>>> ex
>>> tFactory");
>>> System.setProperty
>>> ("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.apache.geronimo.naming");
>>> System.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url","localhost:4201");
>>> InitialContext initialContext = new InitialContext();
>>> System.out.println(initialContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/
>>> TestPersistanceFrameworkEntity"));
>>>
>>> The following error occurs :
>>> javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot deternmine server
>>> protocol version: Received null/0.0; nested exception is:
>>> java.io.IOException: Unable to read protocol version.
>>> Reached the end of the stream. at
>>> org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
>>> Here is my server startup console : Listening on Ports:
>>> 1050 127.0.0.1 CORBA Naming Service
>>> 1099 0.0.0.0 RMI Naming
>>> 1527 0.0.0.0 Derby Connector
>>> 2001 127.0.0.1 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
>>> 4201 0.0.0.0 OpenEJB Daemon
>>> 6882 127.0.0.1 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
>>> 8009 0.0.0.0 Jetty Connector AJP13
>>> 8080 0.0.0.0 Jetty SelectChannel Connector HTTP
>>> 8443 0.0.0.0 Jetty Connector HTTPS
>>> 9999 0.0.0.0 JMX Remoting Connector
>>> 61613 0.0.0.0 ActiveMQ Transport Connector