geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat connectors
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 04:53:33 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:
> Ok I added a whole bunch of new connectors in the o.a.g.t.connectors
> package.
>
> I am still working on APR - more notes to follow on this as its a little
> squirly since the Tomcat Connector somewhat "chooses" this automatically
> based on the existence of a native libraries.  For the console we may
> wish to do a check on whether the native libs exist, and if so, present
> the APR connector.  More on this in another email.

not really, it works the same as the NIO connector selection, in
server.xml if
protocol="HTTP/1.1" and the java.library.path contains the TC native
library (tcnative.dll or libtcnative.so)
then APR is selected.
however, the protocol attribute also takes a complete class name, like

protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol" <-- java blocking
connector
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" <-- java non
blocking connector
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol" <-- APR connector

so there is no need to dabble with the auto select, personally I don't
think its very usable feature, since the APR SSL connector has different
attributes than the Java SSL connector and the auto select wouldn't work
in that scenario anyway.

Filip