geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat connectors
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:43:40 GMT
Ok I added a whole bunch of new connectors in the o.a.g.t.connectors
package.

I am still working on APR - more notes to follow on this as its a little
squirly since the Tomcat Connector somewhat "chooses" this automatically
based on the existence of a native libraries.  For the console we may
wish to do a check on whether the native libs exist, and if so, present
the APR connector.  More on this in another email.

Here are the connectors we care about at the moment...

AJP13ConnectorGBean - Implements AJP
Http11ConnectorGBean - Implements blocking Http connector
Https11ConnectorGBean  - Implements blocking Https connector
Http11NIOConnectorGBean - Implements non-blocking Http connector
Https11NIOConnectorGBean - Implements non-blocking Https connector

I have not wired them into the container and other GBeans yet...I want
to clena them up and get any feedback before making the switch since
this obviously will impact the console upon wiring them in.

As a side note...I am not using any references to the WebManager or
other interfaces we used that hooked into the console.  We can re-add
those if those are deemed necessary.

Jeff