geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: geronimo plugin schema (longish)
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:55:20 GMT

Paul McMahan wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2007, at 10:42 PM, Lin Sun wrote:
>
>> After a plugin is published, a user finds it also works with a
>> different version of geronimo (without any other code change), so a
>> user would modify the plugin's xml file to add the newer version
>> geronimo there.  Should the user also change the version of the plugin
>> itself in this case?
>
> Yeah that situation could be a little confusing when using this schema.
> The versions of geronimo that the plugin supports are in
> <geronimo-version> elements.   But the version of the plugin itself is
> implicit in its <module-id> which uses standard maven naming conventions
> (group / id / version / type).   So if a single version of the plugin
> works in multiple versions of geronimo then a sample catalog entry might
> look like:
>
>     <plugin>
>             <plugin-module>
>                 <module-id>awesome.group/awesomeApp/1.0/car</module-id>
>                 <geronimo-version>2.0</geronimo-version>
>             </plugin-module>
>             <plugin-module>
>                 <module-id>awesome.group/awesomeApp/1.0/car</module-id>
>                 <geronimo-version>2.1</geronimo-version>
>             </plugin-module>
>     </plugin>

I don't supposed there is anyway to split the module-id out to a single
place and then specify all of the applicable geronimo-versions to be
associated with the plugin?  It looks like it would be very easy to make
a mistake here.  What would happen if a different module if was
specified for geronimo-version 2.0 vs. geronimo-version 2.1?

Joe