geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Apache Roller v4.0 plugin
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:11:39 GMT
Considering the tight schedule and the work that needs to be done i G to
add functionality to the plugin system for smooth and automatic artifact
alias switching and my latest findings surrounding this regarding the
roller plugin ( see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2994?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12514407

) i propose the following changes and arrangement of the roller plugin
modules

* roller-jetty-derby (in new branch for Gv2.0 release)
* roller-tomcat-derby (in new branch)
* roller-jetty-mysql (in new branch)
* roller-tomcat-mysql (in new branch)
* roller-jetty (in trunk for future release)
* roller-tomcat (in trunk)
* roller-derby-database (in branch and trunk)
* roller-derby-resources (in branch and trunk)
* roller-mysql-database (in branch and trunk)
* roller-mysql-resources (in branch and trunk)
* roller-war (in branch and trunk)
Additional files 2 separate geronimo-plugin.xml files in branch an trunk
respectively.

By setting up the new modules listed above to depend on there respective
database modules and jpa settings they will not be far away from "ready"
for plugin usage (without aliasing) not long after G v2.0 and Roller
v4.0 release and we will be able to continue working on the artifact
aliasing switch for plugins on the roller-jetty and roller-tomcat
modules. This implies changing the geronimo-plugin.xml file to include
only the for new modules for the first incarnation of the roller G
plugins until things are ready for aliasing switch usage. We could also
branch the roller-plugin repository as shown above to make the intention
and usage of the modules clearer.

This is just a suggestion (and me being a bit eager to get something
out). This is a minor change (that I am naturally willing to participate
in) but once again ;) it may have implications I haven't thought of, so
it may still not be the best way to go ahead, thoughts ?

In future releases of the roller plugin we should look in to including
the roller planet subsystem and other enhancements like contributed
themes and adding more roller supported databases.

regards
   Peter Petersson