geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Roller v4.0 plugin
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:49:02 GMT
Nice repacking David your experience shines right throw it ;) I have
some suggestions that may future enhance the plugin.

As it is now the roller exposed plugin modules consist of a database
choice and a container choice but as the roller-jetty and roller-tomcat
modules is dependent on specific database configurations, in the current
setup the derby database, and as this dependency seems to be hard to
"work around"(?) it would maybe be a good idea to rearrange the modules
as follows

* roller-jetty-derby  (prev roller-jetty)
* roller-jetty-mysql  (new)
* roller-tomcat-derby (prev roller-tomcat)
* roller-tomcat-mysql (new)

... and so on, and just expose them as the instalable roller plugin
alternatives leaving the database modules (roller-xxxx-database) to be
automaticaly pull in (prev. selectable).

Would this be preferable or do you (David) or anyone else have other
ideas on how to best package the roller plugin to be easy maintainable
and expendable to other roller supported databases ? Im quite new to
maven, plugins and G for that mater so there may be more elegant
solutions to this, anyway i find myself needing a roller-tomcat-mysql
module to be able to test that combo out without messing with the
current roller-tomcat (derby specific) module.

Once again sry for the triple post above gmail was so slow i lost
confidence in it, my mistake.
regards
   Peter Petersson