geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ideas on a rc.d kind of directory
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 04:45:13 GMT
Use case needed now:

Terracotta is developing a plugin.  It needs to pass a setting to the
JVM (i.e. -xbootclasspath=).  So when the Geronimo script is run, it
needs to pick up this "setting" from a script that is installed by the
plugin.  The script would normally set a JAVA_OPTS and the geronimo.sh
script would then pick this up.

These scripts would be installed by plugins (or created by someone), but
the great part is, when the plugin is uninstalled, the script goes away,
and the options are not set.

Did this make sense?

Jeff