geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ideas on a rc.d kind of directory
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:37:18 GMT
Is this a scenario that would be better handled by the gshell code in sandbox
or some daemon code that also handles the multiple server instance support?
Thought here, would be gshell could read a standard Java properties file for
JVM args and then launch the server with them.....

In my eyes, scripts are a no-go, unless you can make them platform neutral and
not require users to install a third-party solution like Perl (on Windows) to
make it work.

-Donald