geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject DayTrader 2.0 updates for full Java EE5
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:59:35 GMT
All,

As it currently stands, DayTrader 2.0 does not provide what I would consider
a viable showcase application for Java EE 5 technology. The JPA mode that
was added uses EJB3/JPA based entities; however, the mode still lacks a few
key elements...

- EJB 3 based stateless session bean providing the business logic (current
impl still uses EJB 2.1 session beans)
- EJB 3 based MDBs for Quote streamer and async order processing
- Improvements to JPA mode to ensure data consistency and improve
performance

I have added a new EJB3 runtime mode that exposes the following...
- TradeSLSBBean (new EJB 3 based session bean for business logic)
- DTBroker3MDB (new EJB 3 based MDB for async order processing)
- DTStreamer3MDB (new EJB 3 based MDB for quote streamer)

I have made these updates and plan to commit them shortly, I have left the
existing TradeJPA bean as is, in addition to the legacy Direct and EJB
2.1modes. I have pulled yesterday's build of Geronimo
2.0 and verified that the new EJB3 mode functionally works along with the
legacy modes. The next step is load testing, so stay tuned...

Thanks...

Chris