geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release v1.1 of geronimo-schema-jee_5.
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:18:14 GMT
This file is generated by xmlbeans compiliation, so the only way to
remove the questionable contents is with different source files.

I don't completely understand the reasoning on why the current file
is unacceptable, as we are not in fact distributing the contents of
the schemas, just some text that applies to them.

However if we want to remove this we could:

1. wait for craig russell to finish navigating the mine-infested sun
legal waters and get some more clearly licensed schemas available
2. use our typed up schemas to generate the xmlbeans classes (in
which case we should move all this stuff back to the public project
3. edit the secret copy of the xsds in the tck project to leave out
these notices before running the xmlbeans compiler.

or
4. move to jaxb now.

I think (2) might be the most reasonable if we have all the schemas
typed up.   Does anyone know of a binary comparison tool to see if
the generated classes from the 2 sets of schemas are reasonably similar?

I guess it might be worth asking Craig if there is light at the end
of the tunnel?

thanks
david jencks