geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adding a "Tech Preview" portlet group in Admin Console in G 2.0
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:41:57 GMT

> On Jul 26, 2007, at 1:21 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
>
> How about adding a "Tech Preview" portlet group in Admin Console in G 2.0where we can
include the portlets (for
> e.g., the "Create Plan" portlet Shiva is working on.  See
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3254) for which user
> feedback will play a great role in improving those further.  Once we decide
> on whether to retain those or not, we can either move them out to a
> different group or remove them from Admin Console accordingly.
>

> Some of the new pluggable console support would have helped, here. But
> that's not going into 2.0. Personally, sounds like this should go into
> trunk, if it's not ready... Can still get good feedback...
>
> --kevan

The idea is that if these portlets go in as part of a release with binaries
readily available for download, we have a better chance of getting more
users to try the portlets and possibly provide some feedback too in the
linked wiki pages.  If it goes only into trunk, the users will still have to
build the binaries from trunk, which they may not want to/may not succeed
due to some reason or the other.

Vamsi