geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we cancel 1.2?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:25:33 GMT
On Jul 17, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> However, I also understand that once it has been released, it will
> have to be maintained to some extent.  (Unless we can ask bug
> reporters to move up to 2.0, if it addresses that problem.)

 From recent posts on the users list I suspect that asking 1.2 bug
reporters to move up to 2.0 will not be a good support strategy.

1.2-beta is already available from the download page and IIUC there
aren't any plans to fix that connection pooling bug.  So the only
motivation I can see for dropping the "beta" qualifier and releasing
it as 1.2 would be to imply a higher level of commitment to support
that branch.  So far my observation has been that there is a lot more
interest in the 2.0 branch from the user and developer communities.
But if polling the user list indicates a strong interest in 1.2 then
we should be responsive to that demand.

Best wishes,
Paul