geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Transaction and Connector jars untied from g. kernel
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:00:57 GMT
see GERONIMO-3344.

Following years of urging from activemq/jencks/servicemix and more
recent urging from openejb I finally split off the tx and connector
modules into bits that implement the functionality w/o geronimo fluff
and geronimo integration jars.

The functional bits are now under components/txmanager/trunk.  I have
server/trunk compiling and appearing to work on my local machine.

If no one objects I'll commit my local changes to trunk later tonight
so g 2.1-SNAPSHOT will be using the new jars.

new jars have groupId org.apache.geronimo.components, and artifactIds
geronimo-transaction and geronimo-connector, and version 2.0-SNAPSHOT.

I'd really appreciate a review of the dir structure and poms from
e.g. jdillon since I suspect a better structure may be possible.
There is a dependency on the genesis 1.2-SNAPSHOT pom, this also is
in g. trunk.

if all goes well perhaps we can release the new jars in a day or two
and then openejb can release without a dependency on geronimo server.

thanks
david jencks