geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jason.dil...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Transaction and Connector jars untied from g. kernel
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 06:36:51 GMT
I will take a look. We should prolly start using the remote-resources stuff. Will peep at it
tomorrow.

--jason

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:37:45
To:dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Transaction and Connector jars untied from g. kernel

On Jul 25, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
So, looks okay from a initial peep through, though a few things I noticed right off the bat...

There is no pom.xml in the top-level tree under  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/trunk
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/trunk> , and there should
be.  And the children modules should use that pom as their parent.

That root pom should also have dependencyManagement to remove the version number muck from
the children.

OK, I added a parent pom, everything still seems to build.

One thing I remembered is that the connector tests jar isn't getting the legal files into
it (note disabled check in the new parent pom).  Do you know how to get them in?

thanks
david jencks

Or, unless you had intended to keep these 2 modules geronimo-connector and geronimo-transaction
as separate releasables, which is fine too, but if that is the intention, then they really
need to be moved up to components/connector/trunk and components/transaction/trunk.

But I don't really like to have too many fine grained modules as separate releasables like
that.  If these 2 modules are significantly related, then I'd like to see them released, versioned together,
and in that case, the current svn structure is fine, but that top-level pom and the dependency/version
muck needs to be added.

--jason

On 7/24/07, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com <mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com>
> wrote:see GERONIMO-3344.

Following years of urging from activemq/jencks/servicemix and more
recent urging from openejb I finally split off the tx and connector
modules into bits that implement the functionality w/o geronimo fluff
and geronimo integration jars.

The functional bits are now under components/txmanager/trunk.  I have
server/trunk compiling and appearing to work on my local machine.

If no one objects I'll commit my local changes to trunk later tonight
so g 2.1-SNAPSHOT will be using the new jars.

new jars have groupId org.apache.geronimo.components, and artifactIds
geronimo-transaction and geronimo-connector, and version 2.0-SNAPSHOT.

I'd really appreciate a review of the dir structure and poms from
e.g. jdillon since I suspect a better structure may be possible.
There is a dependency on the genesis 1.2-SNAPSHOT pom, this also is
in g. trunk.

if all goes well perhaps we can release the new jars in a day or two
and then openejb can release without a dependency on geronimo server.

thanks
david jencks