geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Ideas on a rc.d kind of directory
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:17:26 GMT
Hi,

I believe it is a great idea to have a kind of hook directory
defining scripts to be executed at specific stages.

It seems to me that the current .bat or .sh scripts will become
harder and harder to implement, maintain and *test* - AFAIK, there
are no tests. It seems to me that a move to a cross-platform
scripting language a la Groovy would give us a better mileage. As a
matter of fact, the Grails project has defined a very nice way to
integrate hook scripts provided by plugins into the runtime
configuration of a grails app - see http://grails.codehaus.org/Runtime
+Configuration+Plugins for more details.

What do you think about porting .bat and .sh scripts to groovy scripts?

Thanks,
Gianny