geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <jason.dil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas on a rc.d kind of directory
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:32:21 GMT
I still think that G could do with a tiny bootstrap JVM to handle all
of the required flags and properties that are needed now for the
server to opperate properly (and in a platform neutral manner).  This
could also be used to spawn clones or cluster nodes.  As well as
handling remote restarts and recovery from JVM crashes.

IMO this is critical for uber massive enterprise deployments as well
as smaller scale cluster management.

I also think that GShell would be ideal for the base platform for such
a bootstrap JVM.

I think it should be realativly easy to setup a POC if folks are
interested.

--jason

P.S. Typed on my iPhone.  Still not quite as fast as my blackberry...
But I dropped in beer at the Giants/Doggers game.  Ooops ;-)