geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release specs for El, J2EE Management, JSP, WS-Metadata
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:55:19 GMT

> el: + 0.1 missing scm section in pom.xml
> j2ee-management: +0.1 missing scm section in pom.xml.  Is the spec
> still called "j2ee management"?
> jsp-2.1:  -1 unless the comments in the following files are not
> from sun or there is a written licensing trail showing we can
> redistribute them:
> ---  javax/servlet/jsp/resources/jspxml.xsd
> ---  javax/servlet/jsp/resources/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd
> ---  javax/servlet/jsp/resources/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd

I'm -1, also. The web-jsptaglibrary dtd's are clearly Sun copyright,
etc. and need to be replaced. The license status for jspxml.xsd is
not quite as clear. It's based on the following file from Sun --
http://java.sun.com/dtd/jspxml.xsd. However, it does not contain the
restrictive terms of use that the other files contain. I'd say that
it's probably a pre-2002 W3C license plus Sun extensions... Probably
best to create our own version of jspxml.xsd, also.

--kevan