geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Transaction manager now tied to ejb?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:03:36 GMT
It appears that the geronimo transaction manager is now tied directly
to ejb :(  The TransactionManagerImpl class has the following code:

     public void setEntityManager(String persistenceUnit, Object
entityManager) {
         Object oldEntityManager = entityManagers.put
(persistenceUnit, entityManager);
         if (oldEntityManager != null) {
             throw new EJBException("EntityManager " +
oldEntityManager + " for persistenceUnit " + persistenceUnit + "
already associated with this transaction " + xid);
         }
     }

This makes it very difficult for me to use the tm manager in light-
weight environments. Can we remove all the JPA and EJB related stuff
from the TransactionManager classes (and module).  I was able to
implement all of the JPA required functionality in OpenEJB without
needing to modify the transaction manager.

In the mean time I'll drop back to using the 1.x transaction manager.

-dain