geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Yo yo... Xvfb, selenium blah
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:52:33 GMT
So, I hacked up something in the latest 1.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT of the
selenium-maven-plugin.  Its deployed, and some site docs updated.

     http://mojo.codehaus.org/selenium-maven-plugin/examples/headless-
with-xvfb.html

Still needs more meat, but I wanna make sure it works before I start
investing in more docs.

But basically, you need to configure an execution *before* start-
server, for xvfb.  It will be default background, etc.  See the goal
doc for more details:

     http://mojo.codehaus.org/selenium-maven-plugin/xvfb-mojo.html

Currently it will default to using DISPLAY=":1", not sure if that is
correct or not.  Then it will fork an Xvfb process, write out a
target/selenium/display.properties file, which has the DISPLAY= in
it.  And I updated the start-server goal to look for that file, and
if it exists set environment variables for each key/pair in that file.

I think that should be sufficient to get headless muck working...
though I've not tested any of it ;-)

I think you will need to make the Xvfb process suid, as in:

     chmod u+s `which Xvfb`

This puppy needs to be run as root, or at least AFAIK it does.

Anyways, give it a shot and lemme know how well it works, or if it
works at all.  I will be around tomorrow to fix it up as needed.
Maybe my network will be stable then so I can run some tests on the
gbuild.org systems and better see how well it works out.

Aighty?

Cheers,

--jason