geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: J2G Conversion tool got a makeover. Now what?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:45:59 GMT
Fantastic work, thanks for your contributions!

After all this testing and improvement we could consider moving J2G
from sandbox to a more stable location where it can be properly
released and maintained.  If our dev community expresses interest in
doing that then maybe the devtools subproject is a good place for
it.   Asking for feedback on the users list would help us know how to
proceed as well.

Thinking from the user's perspective, I wonder if J2G can be
integrated with our eclipse plugin somehow?  For example could our
eclipse plugin wrapper the J2G functionality in a wizard, button, or
context menu item?  Perhaps something simple for starters, just some
way launch the tool from inside the IDE.  Since J2G is itself
implemented as an eclipse plugin it would seem strange to provide no
UI controls for it or integration point with our current eclipse plugin.

Best wishes,
Paul