geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject ejbs in global jndi?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:18:20 GMT
This is pretty much speculation on my part, I haven't tried anything
to see if it already is implemented...

Openejb has a nice global jndi context for all the ejbs, but I don't
think its bound into the geronimo global jndi space.  I suspect it's
possible to get it using the appropriate jndi Properties in a new
InitialContext(props) call, but I don't even know how to do that.

I think it would be very convenient to bind the openejb context into
geronimo's global context.  I'm not entirely sure how to do this.
One idea is to write a GBean implementing Context that delegates to

SystemInstance.get().getComponent
(ContainerSystem.class).getJNDIContext()

and registers with geronimo's GlobalContextGBean to get bound (and
presumably federated).

Can anyone think of a better way?  Perhaps another possibility is to
write a GeronimoOpenejbContextGBean that is a subclass of IvmContext
so it can register with the GlobalContextGBean, and also registers a
ContainerSystem implementation with openejb's SystemInstance?  This
would avoid the delegation step.

Is this already done and I just don't know about it?

thanks
david jencks