geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: pluto portal for geronimo 2.0
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:23:28 GMT

On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:54 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Nice work. As for cross-context, why not use a standard geronimo-
> web.xml
> that allows yu to place container-specific configurations for both
> Jetty
> and Tomcat.  IIRC, each container will only pick up its own
> configuration.  I recall we did this for the exact reason you
> cited ;-)

Sure, but if you are planning to use this for the admin console
you'll probably need separate modules for jetty and tomcat anyway, so
2 plans is more or less required even if they  are identical.

Is pluto 1.2 actually functional as a real portal, or is it just way
easier to deploy portlets to than 1.0 was?  My impression was that it
was not really intended to be a jetspeed or liferay replacement.
I've been hoping that now that jetspeed has m2-ized their build we
might be able to pursue jetspeed integration again.

thanks
david jencks