geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Yo yo... Xvfb, selenium blah
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 03:50:48 GMT
And now I think I've got the auto-detection of free display and rough/
good-enough verification of Xvfb working now.

Seems to work... so I've updated the docs a wee bit and deployed a
new 1.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT.

I think I'm down working on this for now.  So Prasad, please have a
look and let me know if this will work for you.  If so, I'll start a
vote for a release later next week.

On revision from the notes below, the default display is now :20, and
it will try and detect a free display from :20 to :30 (and then give
up and barf).

  * * *

BTW, the Xvfb config needs to be put into a profile, and explicitly
activated, otherwise it will hose folks who don't have Xvfb installed
(and the profile must cause the execution of the xvfb goal before
start-server).  I suppose if we really want I could probably figure
out how to detect when Xvfb is needed and if its available, but...
for now lets just make it explicitly activated for folks that need
the testsuite to run on a headless system.

Cheers,

--jason