geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release specs for Activation, JACC, Deployment, Servlet and StAX
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:51:48 GMT

> Servlet: -1 unless someone can explain why its ok to include the
> sun explanatory comments in javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_2.dtd
> and  javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_5.xsd.  Also scm section is
> missing in pom

I mentioned earlier that we could switch over to tomcat's JSP and EL
specs when they publish their next stable release (probably 6.0.14)
to maven central.  But I think we should be able to use their current
version of the servlet spec because last time I took a look it passed
all tests.

Their spec jar contains the same XSDs with the suspicious
"explanatory comments" that you object to in geronimo's copy, so I
don't know if using their copy instead of releasing our own addresses
your concerns.  Just wanting to get this option out on the table.

Best wishes,

View raw message