geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik B. Craig" <gineme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: J2G Conversion tool got a makeover. Now what?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:22:32 GMT
Sachin,
I've been digging into documentation on WTP and Eclipse plug-ins in general
over the last few days, and I am wondering what specifically you have in
mind with this approach. Based on what you have said, the best solution I've
been able to think of is perhaps adding an additional 'target runtime' to be
selected from the list that would be called something like 'j2g migration',
at which point the user would be prompted for a path to an existing geronimo
server, and after clicking 'next', it would (correct me if it can even DO
this) execute the 1st piece of j2g in a terminal (or maybe behind the
scenes?), displaying the output, a next again would do the same for the
second piece, a third next would do the same for the final piece.

Other than this, which I'm not entirely sure of the feasibility of it at
this point, I don't know that trying to have it auto detect a changeover or
something would necessarily work, because of the fact that you can have
multiple target runtimes selected.

The other (perhaps simpler) idea for a UI integration I came up with doesn't
necessarily involve any WTP pieces, as it would be to simply have a window
or menu available that would have buttons/options to run the three
components and show the output from them.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

-Erik