geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>
Subject Re: Atkins for Geronimo - was Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0 Release Criteria
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:35:28 GMT
The page has been updated to move the contents of repository/geronimo to
repository/org/apache/geronimo.

I found a couple of other places where contents of the repository moved
(tranql -> org/tranql, etc) and fixed those as well.

If anyone sees a module that moved (that I missed) let me know and I'll
rework the table.

I already caught org/apache/geronimo/activemq-broker(1.2) s/b
org/apache/geronimo/configs/activemq-broker but haven't fixed it yet.
For sizing purposes, that will not affect the following results.

Here are the places that I am seeing that the repository has grown
(between 1.1.1 and 2.0):

Added (size rounded to nearest Meg)
com/sun/xml (5M)
commons-codec (1M)
commons-fileupload (1M)
commons-httpclient (1M)
commons-io (1M)
commons-jexl (1M)
commons-lang (1M)
commons-primitives (1M)
directory (1M)
directory-asn1 (1M)
directory-network (1M)
directory-protocols (1M)
directory-shared (1M)
dwr (1M)
javax (1M)
jaxen (1M)
jdbm (1M)
jline (1M)
jstl (1M)
net (1M)
ognl (1M)
org/apache/axis2 (3M)
org/apache/bcel (1M)
org/apache/cxf (2M)
org/apache/httpcomponents (1M)
org/apache/myfaces (1M)
org/apache/neethi (1M)
org/apache/openjpa (3M)
org/apache/ws/commons/axiom (1M)
org/apache/yoko (4M)
org/codehaus/castor (3M)
org/codehaus/swizzle (1M)
org/sl4j (1M)
org/springframework (1)
oro (1M)
regexp (1M)
woodstox (1M)
xml-resolver (1M)

Grew (growth rounded to nearest Meg)
org/apache/activemq (1M)
org/apache/geronimo (Some additions, some reductions: 8M overall - ~5M
of this is dojo)
org/apache/tomcat (1M)
org/apache/xbean (1M) - We have 3.0 snapshot and 3.1 snapshot in 2.0

Those are only the increases.  There may be more, but these were the
ones that I caught (there are still some moved module issues yet to be
found).  As best as I could tell, upgrades between versions of the same
component did not significantly contribute to the increase in
footprint.  Additional components is where we got hit the hardest.

Jay