geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improving diagnostics
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:10:24 GMT
Is there anyway we could intercept when exceptions are created?  If we
could then one possibility to improve diagnostics would be to keep a
count of what exceptions are being thrown and from where.  With that
information, we could perhaps give an administrator hints on where
trouble spots are in their applications.  Or, we could automatically
escalate the level of logging/information provided in areas that throw
lots of exceptions (subject to some user configured threshold).

And regarding XML serialization - Does anyone know where the XML
serialization work was done or who did it (if there really was any work
on this)?

I am trying to rework some of the console screens to get better browser
compatibility and sending information back and forth in XML will prevent
some javascript security problems.

If someone has already figured out the schema to describe GBeans then
that would make my work on the console easier too.

Jay