geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improving diagnostics
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:23:34 GMT
I like all your ideas!    One thing I have been spending some time is to
how to turn on different levels of logs at different projects (inside of
core geronimo) or other geronimo dependent logs.   It would be very nice
if the console can provide that level of details so that a user can just
turn on the logging for the few components they need.   Even better, the
system is smart to figure out which components might be interesting for
the specific error, and turn on the logs for the user after the user
requests it via a one click (instead of multiple clicks after figuring
out which components they need to turn on).

Lin