geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r544258 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/applications: console/geronimo-console-framework/ console/geronimo-console-standard/ geronimo-ca-helper/ geronimo-examples/geronimo-jsp-examples/ geronimo-ldap-demo/ geronimo-remote-deploy/ geronimo-uddi-...
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 15:34:43 GMT
These changes are actually breaking my builds on WinXP w/ Sun 1.5.0_11 and
Maven 2.0.6 now for the Tomcat config of geronimo-welcome app.
If I remove the added <configuration> attributes from jspc-maven-plugin,
remove the Fragment comment from the web.xml source and use the 20070603
snapshot of jspc-maven-plugin, then it builds fine again....

Paul McMahan wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>> Why would Geronimo fail to parse an xml file with a valid xml comment?
> Good question.  I should be able to revert locally and recreate the
> error if you'd like to see some more data.
>> There was a bug in the first 2.0-SNAPSHOT of the jspc-maven-plugin
>> which may have caused the generated web.xml to be corrupt, but I've
>> fixed that.
>> I don't believe that the previous version of the plugin defaulted the
>> injectString to <!-- [INSERT FRAGMENT HERE] --> though... unless it
>> was removed in the trunk version which was what I based the new
>> version on.  As I mentioned before, the default injectString was
>> '</web-app>' and I left it that way.
> I didn't look at the source for the previous version.  My comments about
> it were based on a conversation I had on IRC.  At any rate, specifying
> the placeholder string is consistent with the plugin doc at:
> and resolved the compile error for those unfortunate souls that
> encountered it.
> Best wishes,
> Paul

View raw message